Sunday, September 04, 2005

Excerpts from interview with intuitive healer Mary Swanson


These are excerpts from an interview the Johnathon Human and I recorded with Mary. The entire text to be published in the near future.

June 27th, Sunday, 2004

JQ: What is it that you do?
M: Legally I can call myself an energy balancer, I can call myself an energy worker, I can call myself a chakra balancer. Legally, I can’t call myself a healer or a therapist. But what I do is work with people’s belief systems, their energy fields, to affect healing in their lives. I think of myself as a student of human interaction. I came up though poetry and theatre and the arts.

JQ: You use the words “seeing energy” would you say that it is actually a visual of what you “see” or is it more of the sense and a perception that’s in part vision, optical?
M: There are many different ways of being intuitive. And one way is actually seeing which is “clairvoyance”. And yes, I would say I definitely I see energy. At the beginning of my life I thought everybody saw things this way. It would be a very normal occurrence for me to see somebody with a tiny little head, or yellow things shooting off of their bodies.

JQ: So you would say you had this gift sense as a child?
M: I would definitely say I was born seeing things that way. But there is also clairsencience where you are feeling, smelling, and tasting energy.
And there is prescience where you are kind of seeing and sensing things ahead of when they happen. And there is clairaudience where you are hearing things. And I would say that all those ways of perceiving happen to me. And it’s really nice to be able to calm and quiet it down.

GQ: Was there any experience as a child... were there people you met as a child where you recognized that this was a different way of experiencing the world?

M: Two things come up when you ask that question. One is that my experience with my father was that he also sensed what I sensed. So I didn’t feel that I was that different. Because our communication was very non-verbal and I just thought that that was how people communicated with other people.
And then when I was in my seventh year, I remember very vividly my first out of body experience. I was cutting through from my school to my church, and I went through this long hallway, and the hallway started began to tilt. I just stood there and looked at it. There was a classroom right there and I went and laid down. There was a shelf in the back of the schoolroom, and I just laid down on the shelf and I was up in the corner of the room watching myself lay down on the shelf in the back. And that was my first experience of thinking I don’t think other people do this.

GQ: What is your experience in airports? For example, if you were flying, would you have any sense of the safety of the plane? Or would you have a sense of being able to check in with that? Or would you just have a faith that “I am trusting in the universe and that everything is going to be OK”?
M: I’ve never had the experience that I should leave an airplane. I’ve never had the experience that there is something wrong here and I should divert. But when I do get on an airplane I just sit down, ground the airplane, discharge any negative energies that I can see or sense, I ground the whole cockpit, and make sure everybody is awake and everything. I do do that. And then I just let go, I just turn it over to “I’ve done what I can do here”.

But I think the bigger question here is that I that nothing is really fated. And that you can have an influence. One person being grounded and calm in a situation can influence the situation that might be about to teeter off into some kind of chaos.

Maybe that is why it hard to go out there into the world. Not just that you are being bombarded. With the practice that I have, I do just try to maintain a calm and grounded thing all the time and I have come to trust myself that that in and of itself is going to create a safe pathway for me to walk in the world through.

GQ: Would you think you would know if something terrible was going to happen?
M: I think I would feel if something terrible was going to happen. I don’t know that I would know the exact cause of what was creating that feeling within me. Certainly with all the chaos that has been going on the world lately, I and several other psychics that I talk to sometimes will call each other and go “whoa what is going on, what’s about to come down here it’s just really hard to ground, it’s hard to get protected., it’s hard to feel OK. I’m waking up in the middle of the night in tears.” There’s an awareness when there is a building of energy, Around us and also worldwide.

So, I think I try to stay as calm and separate from that as much as I can because even with the belief that one person can ground a room and affect the whole situation it doesn’t help to react to that feeling of panic or chaos going on other than ok, just just be grounded, be as calm as you can.

But causation is a very tricky thing, you can feel energy and know that things are how they should be. But then finding out why is pulling that thread out to get to that point of causation. It’s a tricky thing. Because usually there isn’t one point of causation, there are a lot of factors coming together about to converge that create the chaos.