Sunday, August 21, 2005

Layers in Graffiti: Website Review GRAFARC.ORG




My art, as I'll tell you again and again, is alot about layers. Every layer influences every other layer-- even when the viewer can no longer clearly see what existed before. This site has inspired me to complete a vision I've had for a number of years. I want to allow users to strip away top layers from my paintings to see what it was that existed before-- what influenced subsequent layers. I'll post info here on the blog when it's available to view.

If you are interested in Graffiti, this is a phenomenal work. The creator allows you to urban time travel-- to move back in time and see the previous layers of graffiti. It's up to you to determine if the pervious layers somehow affect the following ones.
GRAFARC.ORG

No comments: